About Forbes and Council
Forbes Shire Council is a well-established, professional Council within the Central Western Region of NSW.
The Township of Forbes is a vibrant community that is undergoing large growth and development and as such, is regarded as a great place to live. With a close-knit community of 10,000 residents, Forbes offers a great lifestyle with quality, affordable real estate, both private and public school as well as a broad range of various sporting and community groups.
About the Opportunity
Council is seeking applicants for the positions of Labourer. The primary purpose of this multi-purpose role is to assist in all areas of Councils outdoor operations which may include concreting, road and roadside maintenance and stormwater drainage construction.
As a Council Labourer you will be expected to work a full-time, 9-day fortnight roster. Additionally, there may be an expectation of some after hours work as required.
Other details relating to this position are:
- The Grade applicable to the position is Grade 4, for a 38 hour week within Council's salary structure.
- The salary is between $786.80 to $870.90 per week
- Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2014
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
- Forbes Shire Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply
VIEW FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION BY CLICKING HERE
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not required. Council will only accept applications submitted on line.
Forbes Shire Council operates a merit-based recruitment process.
In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- A pre-employment physical examination (at Council's expense), including a hearing and drug and alcohol test
- Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes - please ensure your referee details are current
- Provide the applicable Working with Children Check number if the role applied for requires a Working with Children Check
- Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council may also check authenticity of certificates and qualifications
As part of the recruitment process, Forbes Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Other Important Details
Enquiries: Telephone Danial Speer, Manager Engineering Services on 6850 2874 for further information.
Closing Date: 5.00pm AEST on Friday, 5 February 2016
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!